Saturday, April 25, 2020

Morning Light


All that is eternal in me
Welcomes the wonder of this day,
The field of brightness it creates
Offering time for each thing
To arise and illuminate

I place on the altar of dawn:
The quiet loyalty of breath,
The tent of thought where I shelter,
Waves of desire I am shore to
And all beauty drawn to the eye.

– Excerpted from “A Morning Offering
by John O’Donohue




NEXT:
The Landscape Is a Mirror


See also the previous Wild Reed posts:
It’s You
Reunion
Family Time in Guruk . . . and Glimpses of Somaliland
Somalia Bound
My Love, “Return to the Root of the Root of Your Own Soul”
Still Smoldering
Amidst Mississippi Reflections and Forest Green
Sunset Reflections and Jet Trail
In Too Deep
In This In-Between Time
Tender and True

Images: Saaxiib Qurux Badan (“Beautiful Friend”), Minneapolis, MN – Michael J. Bayly (4/25/20).


No comments:

Post a Comment