Sunday, July 14, 2019

Saaxiib Qurux Badan

Some declare that you’re a thief
in angel’s skin
who stole the eyes of heaven
and the ocean’s song.

But me? I just don’t know.
I only know my heart is gone
and you ask could I love you.
Can’t you see the way I love you?
Can’t you see the way I care?

So pheasant’s wings
I sew to every memory.
Every place you’ve touched me
is still smoldering.

And love is like the sea
and waves of you come sweeping me.
And you ask do I love you.
Can’t you see the way I love you?
Can’t you see the way I care?

– Adapted lyrics by Michael Bayly
of Buffy Sainte-Marie’s song,
Can’t You See the Way I Love You
(from the 1975 album Changing Woman)


See also the previous Wild Reed posts:
Adnan . . . Amidst Mississippi Reflections and Forest Green
Adnan . . . with Sunset Reflections and Jet Trail
Saaxiib Qurux Badan – April 16, 2019
In This In-Between Time . . .
Saaxiib Qurux Badan – March 29, 2019

Image: Saaxiib Qurux Badan (“Beautiful Friend”), Minneapolis, MN – Michael J. Bayly (7/14/19).


No comments: