Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Aussie! Aussie! Aussie!


I’ve never been a big soccer fan. In fact, I’m not really into sports at all. Yet last night I found myself sitting up late to watch the first Australian soccer team to play in the World Cup in 32 years.

Ever since arriving in Australia last month, I’ve observed a lot of media attention and public support for the Socceroos. So at 10:30 last night, I tuned into SBS to watch the big game: Australia vs. Japan.

Well into the second half I thought to myself, “What’s the point? Go to bed, Michael.”

But I’m glad I stayed up. What a comeback!


Trailing 0-1, the Socceroos scored three goals in the last eight minutes!

It was a very exciting end to the Socceroos first game at the World Cup in Germany. Next they play the world’s number one team, Brazil.

It will be another late night.


No comments: