Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Saved Me

I’d like to share what could well be one of the most beautifully-crafted music videos ever made. I guess, given that it was directed by an actual filmmaker, Richard Lowenstein, it’s not that surprising. The beautiful locales and people of Sandinista-era Nicaragua also help to ensure a memorable (and moving) visual experience.

Oh, and the song’s great, too. It’s “Saved Me” by New Zealand singer/songwriter, Jenny Morris, from her acclaimed 1989 album, Shiver.

Enjoy!






Don’t clip my eagle wings,
Don’t say a prayer.
Give me, give me, give me a chance
To kick my feet up in the air.

I can feel the freedom,
I can feel it coming . . .



For another Jenny Morris video, click here.

See also the previous Wild Reed posts:
The Living Tree
The Beauty and Wisdom of Rosanne Cash
All at Sea
The Onward Call
Actually, I Do Feel Like Dancing
The Rhythm Divine
Soul Deep
Wow!

No comments: