Saturday, December 04, 2010

Happy Birthday, Mum!

In Australia today my Mum celebrates her 72nd birthday.

Happy Birthday, Mum!


As I said this time last year, my two brothers and I are very fortunate to have Margaret Anne Bayly (nee Sparkes) as our mother. She’s a beautiful, wise, and strong woman, who extends care, kindness, and love to everyone she encounters. I love you, Mum, and can’t thank you enough for who you are and for all you continue to be and give to me, my brothers, our family, and so many others whose lives are touched by yours.

In celebrating Mum's birthday last year I shared quite a number of photos from the Bayly family archives. Here are a few more.



Above: If I recall correctly, this beautiful portrait was taken at the time of Mum's engagement to my father Gordon Bayly in 1958. Last November, Mum and Dad celebrated 50 years of marriage.



Above: Here I am as a toddler with Mum! The family was holidaying at The Entrance, north of Sydney on the New South Wales coast, probably in January of 1967.



Above: Mum on Christmas Day, 1984.



Above: With Mum and Dad in the Bavarian Alps – August 2005.

For more images of our time in Europe, see the special Wild Reed series beginning here.


See also the previous Wild Reed posts:
Thanks, Mum!
Happy Birthday, Mum (2009)
Congratulations, Mum and Dad!


2 comments:

Gina said...

Wishing a very happy birthday to Michael's Mum!

Wonderful photos, Michael. You're mum was (and definitely is) beautiful!

I love the photo of you as a toddler on the beach with your mum. Very sweet!

Mareczku said...

Michael, I wish your mother a very happy birthday too. How nice that she gets to have a summer birthday in December. The pictures are great as always. I agree with Gina about the toddler picture.