Saturday, December 26, 2009

A Bush Christmas

.
Bush: the hinterland, the Outback, anywhere that isn’t in town.



My younger brother Tim’s property is located outside of Port Macquarie and set amongst beautiful Australian bushland.

Yesterday my parents and I enjoyed a delicious Christmas Day lunch with Tim, his wife Ros, and their two daughters Layne and Sami.


Above (from left): Layne, Sami, Tim, Ros, me and Mum.



Above (from left): Mum, me, Ros, Dad, Sami, and Layne.




Above: Tim and Ros.

Tim’s holding up a piece of toffee - homemade by my friend Noelle in St. Paul, Minnesota. She made a whole batch of this delicious toffee (which I brought with me to Australia) as a gift from her family to mine. Thanks, Noelle!



Above: Layne - giving us a tune on the ol’ piano.



Above: Sami - displaying all her wonderful (and colourful)
fashion accessories!




Above (from left): Sami, Tim, Mum, and me.



Above: Tim and Sami.



Above: Mum at the piano.




Above: Tim’s backyard!


Yes, it was a great Christmas Day for us - and the good times will continue in January with the visit from Melbourne of my older brother and his family.


See also the previous Wild Reed Christmas posts:
A Story of Searching
Clarity and Hope: A Christmas Reflection
What We Can Learn from the Story of the Magi
A Christmas Reflection by James Carroll
The Christmas Truce of 1914
An Australian Christmas (2006)


1 comment:

Mareczku said...

Glad that you had a good Christmas, Michael. Thank you for sharing these beautiful pictures of your family with us. They are very heartwarming. God bless you all.