Sunday, January 20, 2013

Sebastian



Today is the feast of St. Sebastian, and over at the always insightful Jesus in Love Blog Kittredge Cherry shares the image at right of the saint by Tony de Carlo, along with an informative essay on Sebastian as "history's first gay icon."






For more of St. Sebastian at The Wild Reed, see the previous posts:
The Allure of St. Sebastian
"From Byzantine Daddy to Baroque Twink" – Charles Darwent on the Journey of St. Sebastian
Sebastian: Saint, Martyr, Gay Icon
St. Sebastian: "The Most Frequently Renewed Archetype of Modern Gay Identity"


1 comment:

Kittredge Cherry said...

I enjoyed all the links to your previous articles about Sebastian, especially “The Allure of St. Sebastian.” I just added that link to my own profile of Sebastian at the Jesus in Love Blog. Thank you for highlighting my work here. Tony De Carlo’s Sebastian images are really amazing, and his devotion to Sebastian has helped me connect who has seemed distant to me until recently.