Saturday, August 27, 2022

Being the Light


I share today a reflection written by Lana Carolan, one that she recently shared on the Facebook page for the Foundation for Inner Peace. This foundation is dedicated to publishing, distributing and discussing the writings collectively known as A Course in Miracles (ACIM).

I find Lana’s words on the Divine's invitation to all of us to "be the Light, be the Love, be you” to be both beautiful and helpful. They are words that ring true for me. They also align with Lana’s understanding of what it means to live the Course in Miracles. This living, says Lana, is all about “training my mind to begin each and every day with the choice for God.”

Such a choice, Lana says, means “keeping my mind present and mindful of what I am doing here and now, and being fully invested in this present moment. . . . It means bringing God with me in whatever I am doing. For me, that means bringing Love to everything I am doing.”

Beautiful and challenging words, to be sure! Following are Lana’s thoughts on the spiritual truth expressed in A Course in Miracles that “the peace of God is shining in me now.”

__________________________


Be the Light. Be the Love. Be you. ❤

There is a place within the heart where only Love resides. There is a place within the mind where only Peace exists; there is an ever-present spark of Divine Light that shines eternally. It is a place of Unity and Wholeness, all within the Oneness of Creation. I call it Heaven.

God’s Messengers call us to come Home. Bring all worries and concerns to this spark of Light within our holy mind. Bring anything that would hurt or disrupt our Peace. Bring every "ouch" and every note of discord to our Holy Place where we live and move and have our Being.

We look to the Light within us. Bring all thoughts and feelings that would tempt us to deny our perfection as God Created us. Bring them to the Sacred Love and Healing Light within. Behold, as they are transformed by Love’s healing grace. Watch them as all that is devoid of Peace and Love disappear. We rest there in the arms of our [Beloved] as He embraces us in Infinite Love and everlasting Peace. Here is my home. Now is my Heaven.

Love’s Light is shining within us. It warms a world grown cold with pain and hate. Love just IS. It requires nothing of us but to shine Its Radiant Light on everyone and everything we see. For Love is who we truly are. Be the Light . . . Be YOU.

Lana Carolan
via Foundation for Inner Peace Group
August 18, 2022




The peace of God is shining in me now.

Why wait for Heaven? Those who seek the light are merely covering their eyes. The light is in them now. Enlightenment is but a recognition, not a change at all.

The peace of God is shining in you now, and from your heart extends around the world. It pauses to caress each living thing, and leaves a blessing with it that remains forever and forever. What it gives must be eternal. It removes all thoughts of the ephemeral and valueless. It brings renewal to all tired hearts, and lights all vision as it passes by. All of its gifts are given everyone, and everyone unites in giving thanks to you who give, and you who have received. (ACIM, W-188)



See also the previous Wild Reed posts:
I Need Do Nothing . . . I Am Open to the Living Light
The Source Is Within You
A Sacred Pause
Aligning With the Living Light
Mystical Participation
Returning the Mind to God
The Beauty and Challenge of Being Present in the Moment
Cultivating Stillness
Be In My Mind, Beloved One
Your Peace Is With Me, Beloved One
You Are My Goal, Beloved One

Images: Dancer unknown.


No comments: