Monday, September 13, 2021

Your Peace Is With Me, Beloved One


The following is an adaptation of Lesson 245 of A Course in Miracles – Volume II: Workbook for Students.

The original text uses the metaphor of father for the Divine Presence. I use the metaphor of lover as expressed in the phrase “Beloved One.” As with the previous adaptation I shared, if this one resonates with you, feel free to make it even more meaningful by using your preferred images and words: “God,” “Allah,” “Lord,” “Jesus,” “Holy One,” “Mother.” I trust that they all serve as different pathways leading up the same holy mountain or, to use another metaphor, different gateways leading inwards to our center, the deepest part of which we all share. For as Henri Nouwen so beautifully reminds us: “In the depths of my being, I meet my fellow humans with whom I share [all things].”


Your peace is with me, Beloved One. I am safe.

Your peace surrounds me, Beloved One. Yes, wherever I go, it is there with me.

Your peace sheds its light on everyone I meet. I bring it to the desolate and lonely and afraid. I give Your peace to those who suffer pain or grieve for loss or feel bereft of hope and happiness. Guide them to me, Beloved One. Let me bring Your peace with me.

And so we journey on. With You beside me I radiate to all the world, through my actions of body, speech and mind, Your transforming peace, the Voice of Love.


See also the previous Wild Reed posts:
Meeting (and Embodying) the Lover God
The Soul’s Beloved
Be Just In My Heart
Beloved and Antlered
“Here I Am”
Sometimes I Wonder . . .
Vessels of the Holy
No Altar More Sacred
To Be Held and to Hold
An Erotic Encounter with the Divine
Spirituality and the Gay Experience
The Holy Pleasure of Intimacy
The Many Manifestations of God’s Loving Embrace
Prayer of the Week – July 6, 2010
Clarity and Hope
Cultivating Stillness
Cultivating Peace
Andrew Harvey on Radical, Divine Passion in Action
Ahmad Joudeh: Dancing for Peace
Guidelines for the Advent of a Universal Mysticism

Images: Calvin Royal III.


No comments: