Thursday, March 02, 2023

Central Station


Australian Sojourn – March 2023 • Part 1

I spent this morning at Sydney’s Central Station awaiting the train that at 12:01 p.m. took me to where I am tonight, the Southern Tablelands city of Goulburn. Here I’m staying with my dear friends Cathy and Gerry whom I’ve known since my teaching days in Goulburn (1988-1993) prior to my relocation to the U.S. in 1994.

After my near 24-hour journey to Australia, including a 17-hour flight to Sydney from Houston, Texas, I found myself this morning way too tired to go walking into the nearby CBD (Central Business District), known in the States as a city’s “downtown” area. Still, I had the urge to be creative and so took the pictures of and around Central Station that I’m sharing this evening. I love the wild mix of architectural styles and how they’re all just packed in together.



NEXT: Goulburn


For previous Sydney-related Wild Reed posts, see:
Sydney Sojourn (2010)
An Afternoon on the Harbour (2012)
Return to Oz. . . Sydney to Be Exact (2014)
Sydney and the Blue Mountains (2015)
Sydney’s Eastern Beach Suburbs (2015)
A Visit to the Art Gallery of New South Wales (2017)
A Visit to Sydney’s Taronga Zoo (2017)
In Coogee, A Very Special Birthday Celebration (2017)
Return to Sydney (2017)

See also:
Urbanscapes
Storm Clouds Over Minneapolis
Moon Over Minneapolis
Mill City
High-Rise in Afternoon Light
Europe 2005: London
Europe 2005: Venice
Europe 2005: Rome and Florence
Europe 2005: Paris
Weekend in Chicago
Weekend in Kansas City
Road Trip to St. Louis
Puerto Vallarta


No comments: