Sunday, March 05, 2023

Goulburn


Australian Sojourn – March 2023 • Part 2

I’ve spent the last four days in the Southern Tablelands city of Goulburn, staying with my dear friends Cathy and Gerry whom I’ve known since my teaching days in Goulburn (1988-1993) prior to my relocation to the U.S. in 1994.

It has been a wonderful time of reconnecting with friends and taking in the sights of Australia’s oldest inland city, a place I once called home. The strong and heartfelt connection I still have to Golburn and to my former teaching colleagues and friends is quite something, especially given that I lived here for just six years 30 years ago. I am deeply grateful for all of these connections and friendships.


Above and below: Goulburn landmarks, including Goulburn Court House, St Peter and Paul’s Old Cathedral, Goulburn Post Office, St Saviour’s Cathedral and Belmore Park.



NEXT: Melbourne


For previous Goulburn-related Wild Reed posts, see:
Remnants of a Past Life (Part I)
Remnants of a Past Life (Part II)
Goulburn Revisited (2006)
Goulburn Landmarks (2006)
Goulburn Reunion (2006)
The Southern Highlands (2007)
Australian Sojourn – March 2015: Goulburn
Australian Sojourn – May 2016: Goulburn
Australian Sojourn – May 2017: Goulburn and Canberra
The Australian Roots of My Progressive Catholicism

See also the previous Wild Reed post:
Central Station


No comments: