Saturday, June 24, 2023

The Dance of a Summer Day


From the depths of holy silence, I give thanks for the joy and energy of life. May all beings enjoy the vitality of their existence.

I remember all who suffer great pain and long-term illness. May the Healer of Hurts breathe balm and restoration into all wounded lives.

May all negative, angry and harmful attitudes that I harbor within me be transformed into new and available life.

The dance of a Summer day calls my steps: may I respond to the rhythm and melody of its music.

– Caitlin Matthews
Excerpted from The Little Book of Celtic Blessings
Element Books, 1994



See also the previous Wild Reed posts:
A Summer Sunset Psalm
O Breath of Summer
In Summer Light
Summer Blooms
Summer Boy
The Dancer and the Dance
To Dance . . .
The Soul of a Dancer
The Art of Dancing as the Supreme Symbol of the Spiritual Life
Not Whether We Dance, But How
Awakening the Wild Soul
Our Bodies Are Part of the Cosmos
Our Dance

Image: Pran Saikia (photographer unknown).


No comments: