Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Maxwell in the House


Revisiting Tavis Smiley's 1998 interview
with musician Maxwell


I'm currently researching a post that will provide an update on singer-songwriter Maxwell.

As regular readers of this blog may know, I've previously written about Maxwell and his music (see, for instance, here and here) as he is, without question, my favorite male vocalist. Back in October of 2008, I was fortunate enough to see him in concert here in Minneapolis (For my pictures of this event, click here.).

Anyway, while researching on the Internet I came across an interview with Maxwell on YouTube that I thought I'd share this evening. It's from November 17, 1998, and features Maxwell being interviewed by BET Talk host Tavis Smiley.

This interview took place just after the release of Maxwell's second album, Embrya . . . and, as you'll see, it's a wonderfully insightful conversation with a great artist who refreshingly remains a very humble human being. Enjoy!





For Tavis Smiley's 2009 interview with Maxwell, click here.

For two other more recent interviews with Maxwell, click here and here.



For more of Maxwell at The Wild Reed, see:
Rockin' with Maxwell
Maxwell's Welcome Return
Maxwell in Concert
The Return of Maxwell
Maxwell's Hidden Gem


No comments: