Everything you see has its roots in the unseen world.
The forms may change, yet the essence remains the same.
Every wonderful sight will vanish, every sweet word will fade,
but do not be disheartened,
the source they come from is eternal, growing,
branching out, giving new life and new joy.
Why do you weep?
The source is within you,
and this whole world is springing up from it.
See also the previous Wild Reed posts:
• Michael Morwood on the Divine Presence (Part III)
• The Sufi Way
• Quote of the Day – November 16, 2011
• Doris Lessing on the Sufi Way
• The Soul Within the Soul
• Intimate Soliloquies
• Clarity, Hope and Courage
• Sufism: A Call to Awaken
• In the Garden of Spirituality – Hazrat Inayat Khan
• In the Garden of Spirituality – Doris Lessing
• In the Garden of Spirituality – Kabir Helminski
• The Soul of My Love
• "Joined at the Heart": Robert Thompson on Christianity and Sufism
• Rumi and Shams: A Love of Another Kind
• As the Last Walls Dissolve . . . Everything is Possible
• The Most Sacred and Simple Mystery of All
Image: Subject and photographer unknown.