Monday, November 24, 2014

Prayer of the Week



'Mid All the Traffic of the Ways

'Mid all the traffic of the ways,
turmoils without, within,
Make in my heart a quiet place,
and come and dwell within;
A little shrine of quietness,
all sacred to thy-self,
Where thou shalt all my soul possess,
and I may find myself;
A little shelter from life's stress,
where I may lay me prone,
And bare my soul in loneliness,
and know as I am known;
A little place of mystic grace,
of ego and sin swept bare,
Where I may look upon they face,
and talk with thee in prayer.



See also the previous Wild Reed posts:
Intimate Soliloquies
The Source is Within You
The Soul Within the Soul
Quote of the Day – November 16, 2011
Michael Morwood on the Divine Presence
The Harvest Within the Heart
There Must Be Balance
May Balance and Harmony Be Your Aim
Richard J. Foster on Prayer
Karl Rahner on the Need for Prayer
Prayer and the Experience of God in an Ever-Unfolding Universe
The Most Sacred and Simple Mystery of All

Image: Subject and photographer unknown.


No comments: