Friday, November 21, 2014
Something to Think About . . .
"Gender, Gospel, and Global Justice," the third international conference of Women's Ordination Worldwide, will take place in Philadelphia, September 18-20, 2015. To register, click here.
Related Off-site Links:
We Have No Shortage of Vocations. What We Have is a Shortage of Vision – Christine Schenk (National Catholic Reporter, November 20, 2014).
Pope Francis and Christian Conservatives Team Up to Promote Patriarchy – Patricia Miller (Religion Dispatches, November 20, 2014).
Cardinal O'Malley: If I Started a Church, I'd Love to Have Women Priests – Teresa M. Hanafin (Crux, November 16, 2014).
End Marginalization in the Catholic Church – Roy Bourgeois (The Washington Post via The Progressive Catholic Voice, September 17, 2013).
St. Mary Magdalene: How the Apostle to the Apostles Subverts Patriarchy – Meghan Clark (Millennial, July 22, 2013).
Ministry, Not Maleness, is the Theological Starting Point for the Priest – James Moudry (The Progressive Catholic Voice, February 18, 2009).
See also the previous Wild Reed posts:
• Sister Teresa Forcades on Queer Theology
• No Patriarchal Hierarchy, No Rigid Conformity
• Thoughts on Ordination, Intellectual Dishonesty, and the Holy Spirit of which the Prophet Joel Speaks
• Fr. Roy Bourgeois: "We Need Women Priests in Our Church For It to Be Healthy and Complete"
• Quote of the Day – May 4, 2014
• Angela Bonavoglia on the Church's "Continued Demonization of Women"
• Roger Haight on the Church We Need
• Clearing Away the Debris
• “We Are All the Rock” – An interview with Roman Catholic Womanpriest Judith McKloskey