I begin the long journey back to Australia this afternoon to be with my family at a very sad time.
Gordon James Bayly (pictured with me at right earlier this year), is in the last days of his life, and about to embark on his own very special and profound journey to the next life.
As I write, he is receiving hospice care at Emmaus Nursing Home in Port Macquarie, the coastal town where my parents have resided since 2002. I plan on being in Australia for a month. Thanks in advance for your love and support.
Above: Dad - May 23, 2019.
See also the previous Wild Reed posts:
• Australian Sojourn – April-May 2019
• Happy Birthday, Dad (2018)
• In Coogee, a Very Special Birthday Celebration
• Happy Birthday, Dad – 2017 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009
• Congratulations, Mum and Dad
• Catholic Rainbow (Australian) Parents
Related Off-site Link:
“He Wasn't a Superhero But He Was a Hero” – A Prince Named Valiant (February 21, 2011).