Monday, January 07, 2019

Prayer of the Week

.


A Prayer for the Moment Between

By Greg Fullerton


I want to engage everything life brings me!
I want to be awake! Alert! Alive!

Will I allow everything to have its place,
to be part of the whole?
Can I let what is be part of what’s becoming?

There is a weaving for good
bigger than my anxious grasp,
welcoming my steady trust.

In that moment that seems like the edge of the cliff,
a vacuum that must be filled,
in that moment between my too much and too little –
meet me there.

Help me be there with you.




See also the previous Wild Reed posts:
To Dance . . .
Somewhere in Between
Move Us, Loving God
Andrew Harvey on Radical, Divine Passion in Action
And As We Dance . . .
Active Waiting: A Radical Attitude Toward Life
A Prayer for Dancers
Not Whether We Dance, But How
"I Came Alive with Hope"
Aristotle Papanikolaou on How Being Religious is Like Being a Dancer

Images: Dancer Calvin Royal III. (The NYC Dance Project.)


No comments: