Friday, April 16, 2021

Where You Take Me


Let the sun turn into earth
and earth all turn to ice;
the seasons stop right in their tracks
and day turn into night.
I will be untouchable,
I will feel no pain.

’Cause I’ve had you,
I’ve had you.

Do you see that star?
Way up there is where I place you.
We have been so far.
Way up there is where you take me.

– From “I’ve Had You”
by Jenny Morris and Paul Kelly
(from Jenny Morris’ 1991 album Honeychild)



NEXT:
The Color of Love


See also the previous Wild Reed posts:
• It’s You
• Skylight
• “So You Can Only See Beautiful Things”
• November Musings
• Saaxiib Qurux Badan – November 18, 2020
• Adnan in Morning Light
• The Landscape Is a Mirror
• Out and About – Spring 2020
• Family Time in Guruk . . . and Glimpses of Somaliland
• Somalia Bound
• My Love, “Return to the Root of the Root of Your Own Soul”
• Saaxiib Qurux Badan – July 14, 2019
• Adnan . . . Amidst Mississippi Reflections and Forest Green
• Adnan . . . with Sunset Reflections and Jet Trail
• Saaxiib Qurux Badan – April 16, 2019
• In This In-Between Time
• Saaxiib Qurux Badan – March 29, 2019

Images: Michael J. Bayly.


No comments: