Where did you come from, bright star?
What heaven did you leap from, dear love?
How can I say your name
Without the sound of Autumn
Underneath my tongue?
How can I ever speak again with this mouth
When it has found where it belongs
When you touch me, I am a bed of calla lilies
I will build a house and fill it with evergreens
I will paint sunsets on every wall
So you can only see beautiful things.
– Excerpted from “Dear One” by Mary Lambert
(from her 2014 album, Heart on My Sleeve)
(from her 2014 album, Heart on My Sleeve)
Skylight
See also the related Wild Reed posts:
• Skylight
• November Musings
• Saaxiib Qurux Badan – November 18, 2020
• Today I Will Be Still
• Morning Light
• It’s You
• The Landscape Is a Mirror
• Out and About – Spring 2020
• Family Time in Guruk . . . and Glimpses of Somaliland
• Somalia Bound
• My Love, “Return to the Root of the Root of Your Own Soul”
• Saaxiib Qurux Badan – July 14, 2019
• Amidst Mississippi Reflections and Forest Green
• Sunset Reflections and Jet Trail
• Saaxiib Qurux Badan – April 16, 2019
• In This In-Between Time
• Saaxiib Qurux Badan – March 29, 2019
Images: Saaxiib Qurux Badan (“Beautiful Friend”) and beautiful things, Minneapolis, MN – Michael J. Bayly (1/30/21).


























No comments:
Post a Comment