Tuesday, September 02, 2014

Prayer of the Week



My Hope

By Theresa Mary Grass


Let me recognize, O God,
the good in everyone.
Keep me from a critical attitude
and inspire me to be open to all.
Encourage me to learn from others' ways
and to share knowledge willingly.
Bless me with a heart that loves,
hands that reach out,
eyes that see the beautiful,
and a voice that speaks of truth.



Note: "My Hope" by Theresa Mary Grass is from the anthology Soar! – Follow Your Dreams, edited by June Cotner.

See also the previous Wild Reed posts:
Something We Dare Call Hope
Prayer and the Experience of God in an Ever-Unfolding Universe
Thoughts on Prayer in a "Summer of Strife"
James Foley: "Prayer Was the Glue That Enabled My Freedom, An Inner Freedom"
Karl Rahner on the Need for Prayer
Prayer: Both a Consolation and a Demand
Be Just in My Heart
The Most Sacred and Simple Mystery of All
In Summer Light
Summer Blooms
Summer Blooms II
Summer Blooms III
Summer Blooms IV

Image: Michael J. Bayly.


No comments: