By Theresa Mary Grass
Let me recognize, O God,
the good in everyone.
Keep me from a critical attitude
and inspire me to be open to all.
Encourage me to learn from others' ways
and to share knowledge willingly.
Bless me with a heart that loves,
hands that reach out,
eyes that see the beautiful,
and a voice that speaks of truth.
Note: "My Hope" by Theresa Mary Grass is from the anthology Soar! – Follow Your Dreams, edited by June Cotner.
See also the previous Wild Reed posts:
• Something We Dare Call Hope
• Prayer and the Experience of God in an Ever-Unfolding Universe
• Thoughts on Prayer in a "Summer of Strife"
• James Foley: "Prayer Was the Glue That Enabled My Freedom, An Inner Freedom"
• Karl Rahner on the Need for Prayer
• Prayer: Both a Consolation and a Demand
• Be Just in My Heart
• The Most Sacred and Simple Mystery of All
• In Summer Light
• Summer Blooms
• Summer Blooms II
• Summer Blooms III
• Summer Blooms IV
Image: Michael J. Bayly.