By pardoning Sheriff Arpaio, Trump has again made clear he will use the powers of the presidency to defend racism and discrimination.
– Sen. Bernie Sanders
August 25, 2017
August 25, 2017
Related Off-site Links
Trump Pardons Former Sheriff Joe Arpaio, Who Illegally Targeted Latinos – Ryan J. Reilly (The Huffington Post, August 25, 2017).
Trump’s Pardon of Joe Arpaio Is a Clear and Ugly Message to Hispanic Americans – Henry Grabar (Slate, August 25, 2017).
10 Disgusting Things Joe Arpaio Did as Sheriff of Maricopa County, Arizona – Angela Helm (The Root, August 26, 2017).
The Year I Spent in Joe Arpaio’s Tent Jail Was Hell. He Should Never Walk Free – Francisco Chairez (The Washington Post, August 26, 2017).
"A Presidential Endorsement of Racism": Trump Harshly Criticized For Pardoning Sheriff Joe Arpaio – Democracy Now!, August 26, 2017).
"Law Is Dead in America": Presidential Pardon of Sheriff Joe Arpaio Widely Condemned – Jessica Corbett (Common Dreams, August 26, 2017).
Why Donald Trump Pardoned the Unpardonable Joe Arpaio – Lawrence Douglas (The Guardian, August 26, 2017).
Institutional Racism Is Trump’s Goal – Millennial (August 26, 2017).
Trump’s Most Recent Shout to White Supremacists: I’m With You – Cecillia Wang (ACLU, August 24, 2017).
Trump’s Pardon of Joe Arpaio Is an Impeachable Offense – Frank Bowman (Slate, August 26, 2017).
What Trump Has Undone – Philip Bump (The Washington Post, August 24, 2017).
UPDATE: Trump's Decision to Pardon Joe Arpaio Could Be a Crucial Piece of Evidence In the Russia Investigation – Sonam Sheth (Business Inside via Yahoo! News, August 27, 2017).
See also the previous Wild Reed posts:
• Quote of the Day – August 16, 2017
• Trump's America: Normalized White Supremacy and a Rising Tide of Racist Violence
• 2000+ Take to the Streets of Minneapolis to Express Solidarity with Immigrants and Refugees
• In Charlottesville, the Face of Terrorism In the U.S.
• On International Human Rights Day, Saying "No" to Donald Trump and His Fascist Agenda
• Progressive Perspectives on the Election of Donald Trump as President
• Election Eve Thoughts
• Carrying It On
• Progressive Perspectives on the Rise of Donald Trump
• Trump's Playbook
Image: Ed Hall.