Friday, March 22, 2019

O Dancer of Creation . . .



. . . the earth awakens
to an urgent call to grow.

In the hidden recesses of my wintered spirit,
I, too, hear the humming of your voice,
calling me, wooing my deadness back to life.





My soul yawns, stretches, quickens
as the energy of spring
revives my weariness.

I sit with wonder,
observing the steady activity,
savoring the colors and shapes
of earth's loveliness.





For a while my doubts, anxieties, and worries
become like chapters in some ancient book
whose text no longer claims my full attention.


– Joyce Rupp
"Springtime Prayer"
(from her book, Anchors for the Soul:
Daily Wisdom for Inspiration and Guidance

Sorin Books, 2018)


See also the previous Wild Reed posts:
A Day Both Holy and Magical
Spring: Truly the Season for Joy and Hope
Welcoming the Return of Spring (2018)
Celebrating the Return of Spring (2017)
Waiting in Repose for Spring's Awakening Kiss
Let the Greening Begin
Green Destiny

Images 1 and 2: Calvin Royal III. (Photographer/s unknown)
Image 3: Michael J. Bayly.


No comments: