Friday, August 01, 2008

Out and About - July 2008


Above: One of the many beautiful flowers in my garden. For more summer blooms, click here.



Above: Thanks to the generosity of my friend, LeMonte, I have (for the month of July and part of August) the use of a car. And not just any car, but a Lexus!



Above: Veteran journalist and author, Robert Blair Kaiser, who was in the Twin Cities, July 20-21, promoting his latest book, Cardinal Mahony - A Novel.

For more on Kaiser and his work, click
here.



Above: On a rainy Saturday, July 19, my friend Paula and I drove from the Twin Cities to St. John's Abbey in Collegeville, MN, to hear British theologian James Alison (below) deliver an address entitled, "Speaking the Truth in Love: How to be Catholic and GLBT."




Above: Standing at right with (from left) James Alison and Robert Pierson, OSB - St. John's Abbey, Collegeville, July 19, 2008.



Above and below: On Tuesday, July 29, my older brother and his family arrived from England for a week-long visit.

On Thursday, July 31, after a lovely pool party hosted by my friends, Molly and Brigid, we had dinner with my friends Ken and Carol and their family and friends in their beautiful South Minneapolis backyard.

Pictured above from left: Sue Ann; my nephew, Liam ; Ken; Paul; Cass; Carrie; my sister-in-law, Cathie; my brother, Chris; my nephew, Brendan; and my nephew, Mitchell.



Above: My nephew, Liam, chats with my friend, Kathleen.




See also the previous Wild Reed posts:
Back in the USA
Out and About - April 2007
Out and About - May 2007
Out and About - June 2007
Out and About - July 2007
Out and About - August 2007
Out and About - September 2007
Out and About - October 2007
Out and About - November 2007
Out and About - December 2007
Out and About - January 2008
Out and About - February 2008
Out and About - March 2008
Out and About: April 2008
Out and About - May 2008
Out and About - June 2008

No comments: