Saturday, September 27, 2008

Classic Engelbert II

On the 2007 DVD, Engelbert Humperdinck: Greatest Hits 1967-1977, Engelbert notes the following of his recording of “I’m A Better Man (For Having Loved You)”:

It was written by Burt Bacharach and Hal David and I happened to get hold [of it] in my early career. Of course, to be involved with a Burt Bacharach and Hal David song is outstanding, so I was thrilled by that. Although it didn’t do great as far as the charts – it did climb into the Top Ten, which was rather wonderful. The lyrical content and the melody was absolutely fantastic. It’s one of my favorite songs up to this day.


Mine, too, Engelbert. Mine too.






NEXT: Classic Engelbert III


See also the previous Wild Reed posts:
Engelbert Humperdinck: Not That Easy to Forget
Classic Engelbert


No comments: