Saturday, September 05, 2009

River Walk


Earlier this evening, I accompanied my friends Kathleen and Joey to the banks of the Mississippi River in Minneapolis.

I’m actually more use to seeing this part of the shoreline from the St. Paul side of the river - as where we were this evening is opposite my favorite place on the river, atop the bluffs below the University of St. Thomas.

After our walk along the river, Kathleen, Joey, and I saw the film Up at the Riverview Theater in South Minneapolis.



Above: Joey and Kathleen.

Around this time last year, Kathleen, Joey, and I had just returned to the Twin Cities from our
road trip to St. Louis.







Above: Signs of approaching autumn. Where did the summer go? And why so fast?


Above: Wild (Mississippi) reeds.


See also the previous Wild Reed posts:
Down By the River
A Delightful Summer’s Afternoon and a Moving Tale
Karl Rahner on the Need for Prayer


Images: Michael J. Bayly.

5 comments:

Mareczku said...

How beautiful. Thanks for sharing. Hope that you are having a wonderful Labor Day Weekend. Peace & Blessings - Mark

brian gerard said...

Love that part of the river. I had a beautiful easter sunrise there this year.

Mareczku said...

I have to say that your poetry is so moving, Michael. I just read "Shards of Summer" and "The Light Within." One line was particularly moving to me, "For years one can slumber but the Light remains." Several months ago I was speaking to a priest in charge of an Encourage support group. He said to me that being gay was like having cancer, you hate the disease but you love the person. I was stunned and don't know if he realized how insulting his words were to me. This is such a beautiful place here, I haven't been a reader long but sometimes I just wander around reading here and there. So many thanks to you for sharing your gifts with us.

In the peace of Christ - Mark

Mark Andrews said...

Michael, I respectfully suggest you start photographing professionally, or perhaps start an image bank, where you could charge for the content you develop. A great creative outlet, and who knows, a source of pin money, too.

Michael J. Bayly said...

Thanks, everyone, for your kind and positive feedback. It's greatly appreciated.

Peace,

Michael