Tuesday, November 16, 2010

First Snowfall


Elsewhere a snowfall, the first in the winter,
covered the ground as the bells filled the air.
You in your robes sang, calling, calling,
calling him in your heart, in your soul.
Did you find peace there?

Loreena McKennitt
"Full Circle"
(from the 1994 album The Mask and Mirror)



This past Saturday saw the Twin Cities' first snowfall of the winter. The images above and below were taken from my attic room in my St. Paul home.

As you can see, the snow was very beautiful. It soon turned very slushy, however, and became quite heavy to shovel! Still, it's wonderful to be alive and to witness the beauty of the changing seasons!




See also the previous Wild Reed posts:
A Snowy October Day (2009)
Winter Garden (February 2009)
A Snowy December -- with an Aussie Connection (2007)
Northwoods


2 comments:

Mareczku said...

Thank you for sharing these beautiful pictures.
I was thinking of you when I heard the weather reports. I hope that you got to enjoy the snow with those close to you.

Michael J. Bayly said...

Thanks, Mark. It was a busy weekend, so I didn't get to enjoy the snow as much as I could have.

And by "enjoy," I mean simply taking a walk through the neighborhood and maybe photographing the wintry beauty around me. I'm not really into "snow sports" and all that. Although I did do cross-country skiing once and quite enjoyed it.

Thanks as always for staying in touch!

Peace,

Michael