Monday, October 28, 2013

Prayer of the Week



Awaken me to the holy,
to the divinity of all creation;
O, that I might honor the sacredness
of all life!
May all the resentment and bitterness
that live in me be transformed
by your Love.

. . . Yes, guide me into wholeness,
harmony, and balance,
that I may be a peaceful presence.
Let me give witness to your Way,
that others may grow in trust and truth!

O, Great Awakener, open the eyes
and ears of my heart;
let my dormant talents be made known.

. . . May I open myself to change,
to being guided by the Spirit;
may I risk the unknown
and live into the Mystery!


– Excerpted from Psalm 109
as translated by Nan C. Merrill
in Psalms for Praying: An Invitation to Wholeness



See also the previous Wild Reed posts:
There Must Be Balance
Then I Shall Leap Into Love
A Dance of Divine Light
The Soul of a Dancer
Seeking Balance
Sufism: A Call to Awaken

Image: Dancers Pablo Aran Gimeno (front) and Fernando Mendoza Suels in “Iphigenie auf Tauris.” (Photo: Uwe Schinkel)


No comments: