I recently came across the following quote by Alan Watts and the above illustration by Elspeth McLean and thought how appropriate they both are for All Souls Day. After all, our soul is that deepest part of us infused with the Divine Presence, the "energy of the universe," to use Watts words. And as Watts reminds us, this energy infuses all things. Thus all things are ensouled.
All souls, indeed!
I seem, like everything else, to be a center, a sort of vortex, at which the whole energy of the universe realizes itself . . . Each one of us, not only human beings but every leaf, every tree, exists in the way it does, only because everything else around it does. The individual and the universe are inseparable.
Recommended Off-site Link:
LGBT-friendly Online Memorial for All Hallows' Eve, All Saints, All Souls and Day of the Dead – Jesus in Love Blog (October 31, 2015).
See also the previous Wild Reed posts:
• The Pagan Roots of All Saints Day
• Our Sacred Journey Continues: An All Saints and Souls Day Reflection
• A Hallowtide Reflection
• Michael Morwood on the Divine Presence (Part I)
• Michael Morwood on the Divine Presence (Part II)
• Michael Morwood on the Divine Presence (Part III)
• Prayer of the Week – August 3, 2015
• Prayer of the Week – July 28, 2013
• Prayer of the Week – November 14, 2012
• A Kind of Dancing Divinity
• Remembering and Honoring Dorothy Olinger
• Divine Connection
• The Source is Within You
• The Most Sacred and Simple Mystery of All
Image: Elspeth McLean.