– By Drew Sheneman
Related Off-site Links:
If You’re Mad About Colin Kaepernick's Kneeling Protest Against Racial Injustice and Silent About Cops Killing Black Lives, Do Better – Lilly Workneh (The Huffington Post, September 21, 2016).
Why Aren't the People Who Criticized Kaepernick Speaking Out About Terence Crutcher? – Robert Littal (Black Sports Online, September 19, 2016).
White America, It’s Time to Take a Knee – John Pavlovitz (JohnPavlovitz.com, September 20, 2016).
Here’s How Many Black People Have Been Killed by Police Since Colin Kaepernick Began Protesting – Travis Waldron and Julia Craven (The Huffington Post, September 20, 2016).
Colin Kaepernick on Death Threats: Killing Me Would Only Prove My Point – Ryan Grenoble (The Huffington Post, September 20, 2016).
Students Are Pulling a Kaepernick All Over America – and Being Threatened for It – Zaid Jilani and Naomi LaChance (The Intercept, September 23, 2016).
Aren’t More White People Than Black People Killed by Police? Yes, but No – Wesley Lowery (The Washington Post, July 11, 2016).
Police Killings of Blacks: Here is What the Data Say – Sendhil Mullainathan (The New York Times, October 16, 2015).
U.S. Seems Intent on Pushing Black People Past Breaking Point – Shaun King (New York Daily News, September 20, 2016).
Historian Chronicles How White Rage Erupts Whenever Blacks Seek Equality – James E. Kenyon (Page One Post, August 9, 2016).
When Black Death Goes Viral, It Can Trigger PTSD-like Trauma – Kenya Downs (PBS NewsHour, September 20, 2016).
Here Are 8 Policies That Can Prevent Police Killings – Alice Speri (The Intercept, September 21, 2016).
UPDATES: Tulsa Police Officer Betty Shelby Will Face Manslaughter Charge in Unarmed Man's Death – Bill Chappell (NPR News, September 22, 2016).
After Viewing, Family of Keith Lamont Scott Call for Videos to Be Released to Public – David Badash (The New Civil Rights Movement, September 22, 2016).
See also the previous Wild Reed posts:
• Something to Think About – September 21, 2016
• "This Doesn't Happen to White People"
• Remembering Philando Castile and Demanding Abolition of the System That Targets and Kills People of Color
• Quote of the Day – March 31, 2016
• "We Are All One" – #Justice4Jamar and the 4th Precinct Occupation: Photos, Reflections and Links
• Rallying in Solidarity with Eric Garner and Other Victims of Police Brutality
• "Say Her Name" Solidarity Action for Sandra Bland
• In Minneapolis, Rallying in Solidarity with Black Lives in Baltimore
• Remembering Julian Bond, 1940-2015
• Can the Klan!
Image: Drew Sheneman.