Wednesday, September 13, 2023

Aglow


Well, look at you! All aglow in the light of a new day. . . . And today IS a new beginning for you, my friend. I hope and pray that that’s how you also choose to see it and live it – today and every day.

____________________


Great Spirit
Thank you for this new day
and the new start it brings me.
Thank you for the beauty, light, and possibilities
that this and every new beginning holds for me
Thank you for this chance to begin again.

As I move forward into the new day before me,
guide me in knowing what to hold on to
and what to let go of so that
I may not just survive but thrive.

As I cross the threshold upon which I stand,
may I choose to become, in big ways and in small,
a living embodiment of your transforming power.
May I know transformation in my life.

Give me strength and compassion for the journey ahead.
Show me the light within myself and others.
Help me recognize the good that is available everywhere.

May I be both a receiver and giver of love and healing.
Lead me in your ways of trust and generosity,
so that I may know for myself –
and cultivate for others – life in abundance.
Center me in a constant awareness of your presence
so that I may know and embody
your peace, wisdom, and courage.

Amen.


Adapted by Michael Bayly from a prayer by Marianne Williamson
in her book, Illuminata: Thoughts, Prayers, Rites of Passage (1994)



See also the previous Wild Reed posts:
Anew
Move Us, Loving God
Prayer of the Week – August 3, 2015
Prayer and the Experience of God in an Ever-Unfolding Universe
Like a Lotus Flower
In the Stillness and Silence of This Present Moment

Image: Saaxiib Qurux Badan (“Beautiful Friend”), Minneapolis, MN – Michael J. Bayly (9/13/23).


No comments: