Do not brace yourself against suffering.
Try to close your eyes and surrender yourself,
as if to a great loving energy.
This attitude is neither weak nor absurd,
it is the only one that cannot lead you astray.
Try to "sleep," with that active sleep of confidence
which is that of the seed in the fields in winter.
See also the previous Wild Reed posts:
• The Art of Surrender
• Something We Dare Call Hope
• Waiting in Repose for Spring's Awakening Kiss
• Jesus and the Art of Letting Go
• The Most Sacred and Simple Mystery of All
• Mmm . . . That Sweet Surrender
Image: Amit and Naroop.