Thursday, October 25, 2018

Something


I don't believe our lives are simple
And I don't believe they're short, this is interlude

I don't believe my hands are cleanly
Can't believe that you would let me touch your heart

You didn't believe me when I said that I lost my faith
You must believe in something, something, something
You gotta believe in something, something, something

I still believe in you, man
A wise one asked me why
'Cause I just don't believe we're wicked
I know that we sin but I do believe we try
We all try . . .

Try to believe, just try

Frank Ocean
(from his song "We All Try")





NEXT: Ride to Sundown


Images: "Mahad, 10/01/18"" by Michael J. Bayly.

See also the previous Wild Reed posts:
A Longing and a Prayer
Now Is the Time
Time By the River
Quote of the Day – July 7, 2012
Ocean Trip


No comments: