Friday, March 27, 2015

Australian Sojourn – March 2015

Part 8: A Wedding in Melbourne

NOTE: To start at the beginning of this series, click here.




On Sunday, March 15, 2015, my family celebrated the wedding of my nephew Ryan and his partner Farah in Melbourne's beautiful Fitzroy Gardens. A reception followed at an establishment in nearby Richmond.

Right: My parents Gordon and Margaret Bayly on the morning of the happy event.




Left: Standing at right with my brothers Chris and Tim. Chris is Ryan's dad.


Above: Ryan's three brothers – Liam, Mitchell and Brendan.



Above: The happy couple with the groom's parents, my brother Chris and sister-in-law Cathie.



Above: Farah's beautiful bridesmaids.



Above: Ryan's maternal grandmother, Merle, and his paternal grandparents, my parents Gordon and Margaret Bayly.



Above: My brother Tim (center) with his youngest daughter Sami and Dad.



Above: A delightfully subversive shot of my groomsmen nephews and best man Tom (left).



Above and below: Photos from the reception.





Above: Best man Tom makes his speech.



Above: The night's entertainment.



Above: Sami, Charmaine and Kieran.



Above: A lovely shot of Mum and Dad.




Twenty-seven years ago, at Chris and Cathie's wedding in 1988 (below), I was the groomsman partnered with bridesmaid Sue, pictured with me at right at Ryan and Farah's wedding.



Above: Chris and Cathie's wedding in 1988. Sue and I are at right, while my younger brother Tim is at left.



Above: My brother Chris and his wife Cathie today.



Above: Chris and Ryan, father and son.



Above: Chris and Ryan in 1991.



Above: My nephew Mitchell and niece Sami.





Above: Sending off the happy couple!




See also the previous Wild Reed posts:
Australian Sojourn, March 2015: Part 1 – Brooklyn and Morpeth
Part 2 – Port Macquarie, Wingham, and Ellenborough Falls
Part 3 – Roving Sydney's Eastern Beaches with Raph
Part 4 – The Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras
Part 5 – Watsons Bay, Camp Cove and the Sydney Heads
Part 6 – Family Time in Melbourne
Part 7 – The Great Ocean Road
A Bushland Wedding (2011)


No comments: