Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Love is My Guide


I honor my integrity and the integrity of others. I am guided by love. I allow myself to feel the love that is guiding others. Like the earth, I enjoy seasons of renewal. I forgive shortcomings and failures, arrogance and shortsightedness. I allow such human foibles to be dissolved in the graceful flow of life ongoing. Life is a river which flows through me, washing me clean of judgment, cleansing me with the waters of compassion. I allow life to be both tender and clear. I choose the longer view of wisdom over the more short-lived satisfaction of being "right."

– Julia Cameron
Excerpted from Heart Steps:
Prayers and Declarations for a Creative Life

p. 102-103


See also the previous Wild Reed posts:
The Choice (and Risk) That is Love
The Many Manifestations of God's Loving Embrace
Love as "Quest and Daring and Growth"
Quote of the Day – October 5, 2010
Getting It Right
Like a Sure Thing
The Longing for Love: God's Primal Beatitude
Love as Exploring Vulnerability
The Art of Surrender
The Gravity of Love
To Be Held and To Hold
To Know and Be Known
"I Want You to Become a Part of Me – Each to Become a Part of the Other"
In the Garden of Spirituality – James B. Nelson
Passion, Tide and Time
Quote of the Day – September 11, 2012
Love is Love
Love at Love's Brightest
Dew[y]-Kissed
What We Mean by Love

Image: Subject and photographer unknown.


No comments: