Saturday, June 24, 2023

The Dance of a Summer Day


From the depths of holy silence, I give thanks for the joy and energy of life. May all beings enjoy the vitality of their existence.

I remember all who suffer great pain and long-term illness. May the Healer of Hurts breathe balm and restoration into all wounded lives.

May all negative, angry and harmful attitudes that I harbor within me be transformed into new and available life.

The dance of a Summer day calls my steps: may I respond to the rhythm and melody of its music.

– Caitlin Matthews
Excerpted from The Little Book of Celtic Blessings
Element Books, 1994



See also the previous Wild Reed posts:
• A Summer Sunset Psalm
• O Breath of Summer
• In Summer Light
• Summer Blooms
• Summer Boy
• The Dancer and the Dance
• To Dance . . .
• The Soul of a Dancer
• The Art of Dancing as the Supreme Symbol of the Spiritual Life
• Not Whether We Dance, But How
• Awakening the Wild Soul
• Our Bodies Are Part of the Cosmos
• Our Dance

Image: Pran Saikia (photographer unknown).


No comments: