Tuesday, August 25, 2026

“Rest in Peace, Dear Prophet Dolly”


God bless the life – the stories, the songs – that was and will always be Dolly Parton. I have quoted her in many a sermon. It is her voice I hear when I need to hear God speak those precious words: “I will always love you.”

Your witness to God’s love will continue to permeate this world when we sing your songs.

Rest in peace, dear prophet Dolly!

– Rev. Marc Blakesley
via social media
August 25, 2026


Related Off-site Links:
Dolly Parton, Country Star, Actor and Philanthropist, Dies Aged 80 After Fighting Cancer – Ben Beaumont-Thomas (The Guardian, August 25, 2026).
Dolly Parton Dies at 80. Here Are 9 Ways She Changed America and the World for the Better – Zeteo (August 25, 2026).
Dolly Parton Knew How to Be Human – John Pavlovitz (The Beautiful Mess, August 25, 2026).
What a Lovely, Lovely Soul – Marianne Williamson (Transform, August 25, 2026).

UPDATE: Extended Interview: Stella Parton Offers Rare Glimpse Into Dolly’s Life – CBS Mornings (September 14, 2026)>

Image: Artist unknown.


1 comment:

Lyle said...

I could not help but to tear up when I heard that she had died. I was at a restaurant and they played Islands in the Stream! OMG. If the U.S. ever had a queen, she was it. Thank you, Dolly💜💝