Friday, June 14, 2024

Australian Sojourn – April-May 2024

Part 6: Last Days in Australia


Well, I’ve been back now from Australia for almost three weeks. High time to conclude my “Australian Sojourn – April-May 2024” series of posts with this last installment. (To start at the beginning of this series, click here.

Returning from my time on Queensland’s Sunshine Coast, I spent a day-and-a-half with members of the McGowan family in the Northern Rivers Region of New South Wales.


Above and below: At Brooms Head with friends Bernie and Mim – Monday, May 20, 2024.


Above and below: Due to a delay with the train that was to take me from the Northern Rivers region of New South Wales to Port Macquarie, I had an unexpected few hours in Grafton on Tuesday, May 21. I made the most of this time by taking in the sights and vibe of this river town with my friends Mike and Collette.


Above: Back in Guruk (Port Macquarie) with my brother Tim – Wednesday, May 22, 2024.



Above and below: Guruk landscapes.



Above: The rock platform at the south end of Port Macquarie’s Town Beach which is a very special place for me – Friday, May 24, 2024.



Above: With Mum and my cousin (Mum’s niece) Sharon and Sharon’s spouse Ross – Port Macquarie, Thursday, May 23, 2024.



Above: Mum and Sharon with the beautiful bouquet of flowers that Sharon and Ross gifted to Mum.



Above: May’s full Flower Moon over Port Macquarie’s Lighthouse Beach – Thursday, May 23, 2024.



Above: With Mum and her friend and neighbor Glynis – Port Macquarie, Friday, May 24, 2024.



Above: Mum, taking in the sights at Town Beach on my last day in Guruk – Friday, May 24, 2024.



Above: An Australian Sojourn 2024 self-portrait – Guruk, May 24, 2024.





Above, right, and below: On my last night in Australia (Saturday, May 25), my friend Garth introduced me to the annual Vivid Sydney spectacle. And this was after a delicious home-barbecued meal with his lovely family. . . . Thanks, Garth!




Australia Sojourn – April-May 2024
Farewell Minnesota Spring
Hello Australia Autumn!
Bundanoon, Batemans Bay, Braidwood and Goulburn
Hanging Rock
Family Time in Melbourne, Guruk, and Gunnedah
Happy Birthday, Bernie!

See also the previous Wild Reed posts:
Last Days in Australia (2023)
Last Daysin Australia (2019)
In Northern Rivers Country
Yamba
Rising Waters
“Flooded-In But Loving Life”
In Maclean, an End to the “Siege”
Yaegl Country
Angourie
Guruk (2023)
Guruk (2019)
Flower Moon Rising (2019)
A Walk Along Lighthouse Beach (2019)
Guruk Seascapes, from Dawn to Dusk
On Sacred Ground
Port Macquarie (2016)
Town Beach (2010)
Lighthouse Beach
Flynns Beach (2006)

Images: Michael J. Bayly and friends.


No comments: