Tuesday, August 27, 2019

An Unexpected Visitor


On one of our mornings during our recent time in Gunnedah, my nephew Brendan and I encountered an unexpected visitor in the front yard of my aunt's home.

It was a neighbor's steer which had somehow managed to get out of its nearby paddock!

Apparently, this has happened before, and it resulted in much damage to my aunt's lawn and garden. As Mum, Brendan, and I headed out to visit family and friends, Mum phoned her sister (who had left earlier that morning to take her grandson to daycare) and alerted her to the unwanted visitor in her yard. My aunt then contacted the steer's owner who came and returned it to its paddock.




NEXT: Family Time in Gunnedah


See also the previous Wild Reed posts:
Across the Mountains . . . from Guruk to Gunnedah
Journey to Gunnedah (2011)
A Visit to Gunnedah (2014)
A Visit to Gunnedah (2017)


No comments: