Sunday, March 20, 2022

Spring Hiatus


It’s the spring equinox today here in the northern hemisphere, an event which marks the first day of spring.

I’ve decided to use this time of new beginnings to take a “sacred pause” from blogging so as to regain some balance in my life. This means not only developing and maintaining an exercise routine and being more mindful of what I eat, but also getting and staying grounded in – and open to – the Divine Presence within and around me. One way I’ve come to think about this cultivating of relationship with the Divine is as “aligning with the Living Light.” For me, a key way of embodying this alignment in through a daily practice of meditation.

Time and energy usually spent in blogging, will now be directed to becoming disciplined in the practical measures aimed at cultivating balance and renewal in my life: exercise, eating well, and meditation.

I’m not sure how long my hiatus from blogging will last. And that’s okay.

For now I’m simply looking forward to taking a rest from writing and researching; from spending time inside and at my desk. Also, now that the weather is warming, I’m looking forward to immersing myself in nature, trusting that, as Celtic spirituality reminds us, the merging of the human soul with the soul of nature facilitates a deep healing of body, mind, and spirit.

It’s this kind of healing, this kind of balance that I’m longing to see manifested in both my own life and in the world. And so I’ve decided to very intentionally clear space in my life to cultivate the conditions for such manifestation.

Peace,

Michael


See also the previous Wild Reed posts:
A Day Both Holy and Magical
Reading About Keats on the Spring Equinox
In This In-Between Time
O Dancer of Creation
The Landscape Is a Mirror
Welcoming the Return of Spring (2018)
Celebrating the Return of Spring (2017)
Spring: “Truly the Season for Joy and Hope”
Celebrating the “Color of Spring” . . . and a Cosmic Notion of the Christ
In the Footsteps of Spring: Introduction | Part I | II | III | IV | V
Hiatus (2018)
Hiatus (2013)
Seeking Balance

Image: “Wild Reeds on the Spring Equinox” by Michael J. Bayly.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...


Dear Michael .. Excellent plan!

Thinking of you as you take time out for your "sacred pause".

Love & Peace .. Mum