Thursday, September 10, 2026

Quote of the Day

I don’t hate America. I hate what America has been taught to tolerate.

I hate that we call basic things “radical.” Healthcare? Radical. Paid leave? Radical. Clean air? Radical. Kids not getting shot in math class? Somehow political.

Meanwhile, the loudest “patriots” are usually the same people telling struggling Americans to shut up, stop complaining, and be grateful. Grateful for what? A flag doesn’t pay rent. A bald eagle doesn’t cover insulin. Fireworks don’t fix bridges. And chanting “U.S.A.” doesn’t make a broken system less broken.

America has incredible people. That’s the tragedy. The people are better than the system they’ve been forced to defend.



See also the following Wild Reed posts:
Welcome to the U.S.A. . . . Officially
“Organized Sustained Systemic Resistance and Self-Defense Are Our Only Options”
Maha D. Blackfeather’s Message to the American People: “We’re Finally Seeing the Truth”
And So Here We Are
Chris Hedges on the End of the American Empire
Inauguration Day Thoughts (2025)
Progressive Perspectives on Where Democrats Went Wrong in 2024
Election Day U.S.A. (2020)
Marx and Class Struggle – Then and Now

Image: Artist unknown.


No comments: