It’s in a spirit of deep gratitude that I remember this past summer of 2026 – the summer I became a U.S. citizen – and the many gatherings and outings I shared during it with friends, comrades, and colleagues! . . . Oh, and I didn’t realize until I put this post together, just how much boating I did this summer – thanks to my friends Dave and Deb.
See also the previous Wild Reed Summer 2026 posts:
• A Solstice Eve Walk Through the Neighborhood
• Memes of the Times – June 25, 2026
• Welcome to the U.S.A. . . . Officially
• With the Green Party at Twin Cities Pride
• Being One With the Beloved, the Source of All Things
• June Vignettes
• On July 4th, Two Very Different Marches
• I Am One With the Beloved
• Mark Greene on How ICE Is a Weapon of the Epstein Class
• “Hazardous for Everyone”
• Chase T. M. Anderson: “‘Queer’ Has Become One of the Most Elegant and Powerful Words I Use to Describe Myself”
• Inayat Khan and the Sufi Message
• A Precise Metaphysical Claim
• “Our Country Right Now Is At a Crossroads”
• Living From the Heart
• Awakenings
• July Vignettes
• Why the American Political Establishment Is Panicking
• “Like a Stream Running Into the Ocean”
• No Plausible Justification
• MPR’s Major (But Unsurprising) Failure
• Photo of the Day – August 13, 2026
• A Mesmerizing Performance
• “Rest in Peace, Dear Prophet Dolly”
• Genevieve Fraser: Quote of the Day – August 26, 2026
• Four Political Commentaries Worth Viewing
• Spider-Man in Minneapolis
• Memes of the Times – August 29, 2026
• The Crowned Spirit of the Wild
• August Vignettes
• “Complex, Brilliant, Revolutionary”: Remembering Wendell Berry, 1934-2026
• The Threshold Month of September
• Progressive Perspectives on the Legacy of Gloria Steinem, 1934-2026
• Photo of the Day – September 4, 2026
• Claiming Self-Defense, Minneapolis Spider-Man Pleads Not Guilty
• Finding Our Center-Deep
• Stay Supple, Like a Reed
• 25 Years of the “Exact Wrong Response to 9/11”
• September Blooms
• Caitlin Johnstone on the Need to Cultivate Integrity – As Both an Individual and a Society
• What Integrity Looks Like
• Ed Sheeran Chooses the Side of the Oppressor
• Exposing the Apocalyptic Thinking of Today’s U.S. Far Right
• Memes of the Times – September 16, 2026
• Photo of the Day – September 20, 2026
• Will the “Astonishing” Andrew Scott Be the First Gay Man to Win the Best Actor Oscar?
• A Sacred Threshold
Monday, September 28, 2026
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


























No comments:
Post a Comment