Thursday, February 16, 2023

Undone

If you ever need someone
to shield you from the rain,
like a river I will run,
I would always be the one.
For I’ve seen your magic rise
like a phoenix starting to fly.
In the tender arms of our love
We’d be undone

If you ever need someone
to guide you through the storm
I would cross the mighty tide
where the sky and sea divide.
For my lover’s heart is strong,
when it comes to love’s tender thorn.
In the arms of our love
We’d be undone.

– Adapted lyrics by Michael Bayly
of Kiki Dee & Carmello Luggeri’s song, “I’d Be Undone
(from the 2022 album The Long Ride Home)


See also the previous Wild Reed posts:
Allow Everything to Rest Right Now
Saaxiib Qurux Badan – February 14, 2023
Saaxiib Qurux Badan – January 16, 2023
Saaxiib Qurux Badan – January 4, 2023
Saaxiib Qurux Badan – August 25, 2022
Saaxiib Qurux Badan – February 13, 2022
Saaxiib Qurux Badan – November 25, 2021
Just One Wish
Saaxiib Qurux Badan – June 29, 2021
Blue Yonder
Somalia Bound
Adnan . . . Amidst Mississippi Reflections and Forest Green
Amoureuse

Image: Saaxiib Qurux Badan (“Beautiful Friend”), Minneapolis, MN – Michael J. Bayly (2/16/23).


No comments: