Tuesday, February 14, 2023

Here in This Falling Darkness


. . . I need your touch

I need to feel the night tonight with you
Feel the night inside of you

In your ebony eyes, black as the sky
the stars are dancing
In the still of a room, by a sliver of moon
we surrender to this love.
Silent as moving shadows
I pull you in
So I can . . .

Feel the night tonight with you
Feel the night inside of you
Feel the night tonight with you

Here in the fallin’ darkness, I need your touch

Can’t stop makin’ love with you till dawn
We’ll go on and on
So good to hear you sigh
Ooh, yes, holding you tight
So I can . . .

Feel the night tonight with you
Feel the night inside of you
Feel the night tonight with you

– “Feel the Night”
by Stephanie Salzman and Barry Wittenstein
(from Carl Anderson’s 1996 album
Heavy Weather Sunligth Again)



NEXT:
Undone


See also the previous Wild Reed posts:
• Saaxiib Qurux Badan – February 14, 2023
• Saaxiib Qurux Badan – January 16, 2023
• Saaxiib Qurux Badan – January 4, 2023
• Saaxiib Qurux Badan – August 25, 2022
• Saaxiib Qurux Badan – February 13, 2022
• Saaxiib Qurux Badan – November 25, 2021
• In My Dreams . . .
• Just One Wish
• Saaxiib Qurux Badan – June 29, 2021
• Blue Yonder
• “So You Can Only See Beautiful Things”
• Somalia Bound
• My Love, “Return to the Root of the Root of Your Own Soul”
• Amidst Mississippi Reflections and Forest Green

See also:
• The Choice (and Risk) That Is Love
• Love As “Quest and Daring and Growth”
• Love As Exploring Vulnerability
• Your Scent I Know
• The Body: As Sacred and Knowing as a Temple Oracle
• To Dream, to Feel, to Listen
• The Gravity of Love
• What We Crave
• “Like a Song in the Night”

Images: Saaxiib Qurux Badan (“Beautiful Friend”), Minneapolis, MN – Michael J. Bayly (2/14/23).


No comments: