Thursday, July 20, 2023

A Sacred Journey, a Pilgrim Path


As the sun pours forth its life that we on this earth may live, may I pour forth my life this day in service to others and in love of you, my Beloved One.

Remind me in countless ways as I walk the sunlit hours of this day, that I am on a sacred journey; along with the stars traveling through space, I am on a pilgrim path.

Beloved One, Eternal Source of my existence, your heart is my home. From you I have come and to you I journey this day.

– Edward Hays
Adapted from Prayers for a Planetary Pilgrim
Forest of Peace Books, 2005
p. 46



See also the previous Wild Reed posts:
In Summer Light
O Breath of Summer
Say Yes to the Light
The Sun Is All Around You
Summer Blooms
Summer Boy
The Light Within
The Source Is Within You
The Dance of a Summer Day
Aligning With the Living Light
I Need Do Nothing . . . I Am Open to the Living Light
The Soul’s Beloved
You Are My Goal, Beloved One
Be In My Mind, Beloved One
Your Peace Is With Me, Beloved One
Beloved and Antlered
Finding Balance in the Presence of the Beloved
Meeting (and Embodying) the Lover God
A Visit to the Prayer Tree
A Summer Sunset Psalm

Images: Michael J. Bayly.


No comments: