Wednesday, February 07, 2024

Forever Grateful


I will be forever grateful for Marianne Williamson’s genuinely progressive voice and political platform in the 2024 Democratic Party presidential primaries.

I’m also grateful, and honored too, that I got to play a part in Marianne’s run for president – by making a monthly financial contribution to her campaign, by being involved with the group Minnesota for Marianne Williamson 2024, by promoting and documenting her campaign and its platform here at The Wild Reed, and by traveling to New Hampshire last month with my friend Kate to campaign with and for Marianne.

Thank you, Marianne, for your deep commitment to justice and democracy, and your inspiring vision of transformation and hope for the United States and the world. 💗

Following are two communications from Marianne announcing the suspension of her 2024 presidential campaign. One is a written statement, the other a video message. Both are inspiring. Indeed, as my friend Kate said to me earlier this evening, “Just when you think she can’t top herself, she does.”





First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you don’t win :) . . .

I appreciate greatly all the incredible people who accompanied me on our political journey over the last ten months. While the level of our failure is obvious to all, a level of success is real nonetheless. We articulated deeper, more authentic truths than those regularly acknowledged by the political establishment. And I’m not only glad we did that; I’m proud of it. We spoke for those most ignored in America today and whose wounds are most in need of healing. I wish I could have reached them. I know we would have provided hope.

I will never be able to fully express my gratitude to those who who supported the campaign – as donors, as volunteers, as team members, and more. I hope the blessings you have shown me will be reflected in your life many times over. There are memories of support and kindness that I cherish, carrying an emotional fragrance that will linger in my heart forever.

In the final analysis, I think the only real failure in life is that which we fail to learn from. I have learned so much already and I know that I will learn more. Processing this experience will be an ongoing journey and forgiveness will guide me as I move through it. I will not allow the mental torment of all the woulda shoulda couldas to tie me to the past, but rather I will keep my eye on the larger story. In ways I cannot yet see, none of this will have been in vain. There are hidden gifts that have only just begun to reveal themselves.

Among those gifts are seeds I know we dropped into the hearts of many – those who will in their own time, in their own way, carry our ideas forward. Although as of today we are suspending our campaign, our platform – with its deep dive into so many issues – will remain on Marianne2024.com. I hope future candidates will take what works for them, drinking from the well of information that we prepared. My team and I brought to the table some great ideas, and I will take pleasure when I see them live on in campaigns and candidates yet to be created.

I wish I could give a personal hug to every person who encouraged me on this journey. So many had faith and believed in what was possible. While we did not succeed at running a winning political campaign, I know in my heart we impacted the political ethers. As with every other aspect of my career over the last forty years, I know how ideas float through the air forming ever new designs. I will see and hear things in different situations and through different voices, and I will smile a small internal smile knowing in my heart where that came from.

I am wishing you all the love in the world, with a thanks more sincere than you can possibly imagine. May love yet prevail, in our hearts and in the world

With endless gratitude,




Above: Marianne Williamson speaking at Soel Sistas in Nashua, New Hampshire on Saturday, January 21, 2024. With her is Rep. Jonah Wheeler, a Democrat who serves Hillsborough County District 33, which encompasses Peterborough and Sharon, NH. Jonah assumed office in December of 2022. He was just 19-years-old when he was sworn in, making him one of the youngest state legislators in the United States. (Photo: Michael J. Bayly)


NEXT:
What Marianne Williamson Learned
from Running for President


Related Off-site Links:
Candidate Marianne Williamson Exits Presidential Race – Mark Moran (United Press International News, February 7, 2024).
Marianne Williamson Ends Campaign to Secure Democratic Presidential NominationThe Guardian (February 7, 2024).
Marianne Williamson Ends Second Presidential Bid After Nevada’s Democratic Primary – Brendan Le (People, February 7, 2024).



For The Wild Reed’s coverage of Marianne Williamson’s 2024 presidential campaign, see the following chronologically-ordered posts:
Marianne 2024
Marianne Williamson Launches 2024 Presidential Campaign
Progressive Perspectives on Marianne Williamson’s Presidential Run
More Progressive Perspectives on Marianne Williamson’s Presidential Run
Ben Burgis: Quote of the Day – March 10, 2023
Despite the Undemocratic Antics of the DNC, Marianne Williamson Plans on “Winning the Nomination”
The Biblical Roots of “From Each According to Ability; To Each According to Need”
Marianne Williamson on The Next Revolution with Steve Hilton – 05/30/23
Marianne Williamson’s Economic Bill of Rights
Three Progressive Voices on the War in Ukraine
Marianne Williamson: Quote of the Day – June 27, 2023
Marianne Williamson on The Issue Is with Elex Michaelson – 07/20/23
Voters, Not the DNC, Should Choose the Nominee
Marianne Williamson in New Hampshire
Marianne Williamson: “Repairing Our Hearts Is Essential to Repairing Our Country”
Marianne Williamson on Trump’s Day in Court
Marianne Williamson on NewsNation – 08/25/23
Presidential Candidate Marianne Williamson Joins NYC’s March to End Fossil Fuels
Marianne Williamson on Your World – 10/6/23
Marianne Williamson’s “Radical Idea” of Putting People First
Marianne Williamson: “We Need to Disrupt the Corrupt”
“We Are Surging”
“Let the People Decide”: Marianne Williamson on the DNC’s Efforts to Deny and Suppress the Democratic Process
Democratic Presidential Debate: Marianne Williamson and Dean Phillips – 1/8/24
The Democrats Challenging Biden
Bannering for Marianne
Campaigning for Marianne Williamson in New Hampshire – Day 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Marianne Williamson: “I Have Decided to Continue”
Marianne Williamson in Nevada – 2/4/24

See also:
Marianne Williamson: “We Must Challenge the Entire System”
Marianne Williamson on the Current Condition of the U.S.
Marianne Williamson’s Politics of Love: The Rich Roll Interview
Now Here’s a Voice I’d Like to Hear Regularly on the Sunday Morning Talk Shows
A Deeper Perspective on What’s Really Attacking American Democracy
Marianne Williamson on the Tenth Anniversary of Occupy Wall Street
Marianne Williamson on How Centrist Democrats Abuse Voters with False Promises
“Two of the Most Dedicated and Enlightened Heroes of Present Day America”
Deep Gratitude
“A Beautiful Message, So Full of Greatness”
Marianne Williamson: “Anything That Will Help People Thrive, I’m Interested In”
Caitlin Johnstone: “Status Quo Politicians Are Infinitely ‘Weirder’ Than Marianne Williamson”

Images: Michael J. Bayly.


4 comments:

Phyllis said...

I voted in Maine primary today. Dean Phillips made ballot but not Marianne, so I wrote her in as #1 and chose Dean #2. 😉💕

Martin said...

So sad it's ended so early 😭. Now who's going to fight for the other 98%?

Paul said...

Class act. Her message needs to continue, and hopefully, at some point, she needs to publicly help enumerate the contrast between the remaining choices of despair and hate v. sincere care, struggle and hope.

Kathleen said...

I am so proud of you, Michael, for your support of, and witness to this incredible vision that Marianne put forward. I hope we can try to promote her principles in this difficult political season.