If you see ICE in your neighborhood this weekend, keep in mind that we are now at the point where “What would you have done if the Nazis came for your neighbors?” is no longer an abstract thought exercise.
– Holden Shearer
July 11, 2019
July 11, 2019
Related Off-site Links and Updates:
With ICE Raids Expected to Begin Sunday, Advocates Remind Immigrants That “You Have Rights” – Eoin Higgins (Common Dreams, July 13, 2019).
Under Threat of Raids, Thousands March to ICE Field Office to Protest Immigration Policy – Madeline Buckley (Chicago Tribune, July 13, 2019).
Marianne Williamson: Yes, Trump’s ICE Raids Are Exactly Like Nazi Germany – Evan McMorris-Santoro (VICE News, June 19, 2019).
ICE is America’s Gestapo, the White House the Waffen SS – Donald Earl Collins (Notes from a Boy @ the Window, June 18, 2019).
This Is the Week It Became Accurate to Compare Trump to Hitler – Lucian K. Truscott IV (Salon, June 29, 2019)
A Veteran ICE Agent, Disillusioned with the Trump Era, Speaks Out – Jonathan Blitzer (The New Yorker, July 24, 2017).
The Fear, Like the Cruelty, Is the Point – Charles P. Pierce (Esquire, July 11, 2019).
See also the previous Wild Reed posts:
• Demanding Justice and Embodying Compassion for Separated Families
• Quote of the Day – June 27, 2019
• Honoring Óscar and Valeria
• “What We're Seeing Here Is a Tipping Point”
• Opposing the Trump Administration's Inhumane Treatment of Immigrant Families
• Jeremy Scahill on the Historical Context of the Trump Administration's "Pathologically Sick" Anti-Immigrant Agenda
• Something to Think About – June 14, 2018
• On International Human Rights Day, Saying "No" to Donald Trump and His Fascist Agenda
• Quote of the Day – March 12, 2018
• 2000+ Take to the Streets of Minneapolis to Express Solidarity with Immigrants and Refugees
• Trump's America: Normalized White Supremacy and a Rising Tide of Racist Violence
• Fasting, Praying, and Walking for Immigration Reform
• A Prayer for Refugees