Wednesday, November 18, 2020

I’ll Be There


My man, I want you to know
I’ll always care
So call me if you
Ever feel the need

If you’re near the end
And your so-called friends
Start to disappear
And you’re losing sleep
And you just can’t keep on
Holding back the tears
If your world begins
To start closing in
Just remember, my sweet man
I will be there

Yes, I’ll be there
Always for you
I’ll be there
You know
I will pull you through

If the shining star
That you wish upon
Doesn’t shine no more
If the ocean roars
And the rain should pour
And the wind blows up a storm
If the earth should shake
Or the skies should break
Or the sun should fall
You know I will be there
For you

– Adapted lyrics from “I Will Be There
by Donald Freeman and Jeffrey Osborne.
From Carl Anderson’s album,
Fantasy Hotel (1992)



NEXT:
November Musings


See also the previous Wild Reed posts:
Morning Light
It’s You
The Landscape Is a Mirror
Out and About – Spring 2020
Family Time in Guruk . . . and Glimpses of Somaliland
Saaxiib Qurux Badan – March 29, 2019
My Love, “Return to the Root of the Root of Your Own Soul”
Saaxiib Qurux Badan – July 14, 2019
Amidst Mississippi Reflections and Forest Green
Sunset Reflections and Jet Trail
Saaxiib Qurux Badan – April 16, 2019
In This In-Between Time
Somalia Bound

Image: Saaxiib Qurux Badan (“Beautiful Friend”), Minneapolis, MN – Michael J. Bayly (11/18/20).


No comments: