Related Off-site Links:
How Violent Are the Portland Protests? – Kate Conger and Nicholas Bogel-Burroughs (The New York Times, July 28, 2020).
Leaked Documents Show Police Knew Far-Right Was Threat At Protests, Not “Antifa” – Jake Thomas (The Intellectualist, July 28, 2020).
Portland Protest Calls for “Nonviolent” Resistance Against Police Brutality – Molly Harbarger, Ted Sickinger, and Celina Tebor (The Oregonian, June 5, 2020).
In Portland’s So-Called War Zone, It’s the Troops Who Provide the Menace – Nicholas Kristof (The New York Times, July 25, 2020).
Videos Show How Federal Officers Escalated Violence in Portland – Ainara Tiefenthäler, Evan Hill, Drew Jordan, Malachy Browne, and David Botti (The New York Times, July 24, 2020).
Local Police Unions Are Colluding With Trump’s Secret Police Force – and Not Telling Elected City Officials – Travis Gettys (Raw Story via The New Civil Rights Movement, July 26, 2020).
See also the previous Wild Reed posts:
• “Fascism Is Upon Us”
• “An Abolitionist Demand”: Progressive Perspectives on Transforming Policing in the U.S.
• “New and Very Dangerous”: The Extreme Right-Wing Infiltration of the George Floyd Protests
• Quote of the Day – June 9, 2020
• Helpful Rebuttals
• Emma Jordan-Simpson: “There Will Be No Peace Without Justice”
• Something to Think About – July 21, 2020
Image: Photographer unknown.