We think we want sex,
but it’s not always about sex.
It’s intimacy we want.
To be touched.
Laugh with someone.
Feel like someone’s really got you.
That’s what we crave.
See also the previous Wild Reed posts:
The Longing for Love: God’s Primal Beatitude
• The Holy Pleasure of Intimacy
• To Know and Be Known
• To Be Held and to Hold
• What We Mean By Love
• Like a Sure Thing
• Love as “Quest and Daring and Growth”
• Love as Exploring Vulnerability
• Sex as Mystery, Sex as Light (Part I)
• Sex as Mystery, Sex as Light (Part II)
• Just Now and Then
• Intimate Soliloquies
• The Gravity of Love
• “Make Us Lovers, God of Love”
• Relationship: The Crucial Factor in Sexual Morality
• The Many Manifestations of God’s Loving Embrace
• November Musings
• In This In-Between Time
• Morning Light
Images: Michael J. Bayly.